- Results for the 2016 Dirty Duo are live! Details here.
- Photos for the 2016 Dirty Duo are now available for viewing. Details here.
"Dirty Duo is like no other race in North Vancouver. It really brings together the mountain bike and running community. Which is perfect because we share the trails throughout the year anyway. Based on the flawlessness of the day, it's clear you've found the world's best volunteers, from those freezing atop Ned's to those dodging traffic with a stop sign. At every aid station and check point, volunteers were cheering, helpful, and most importantly, smiling. Thank you so so much to the entire Dirty Duo Crew. A world class event." TC
What is the DIRTY DUO?
Being mountain bikers and trail runners, we want to share what living and playing on the rugged North Shore trails is all about!! This scenic trail race will challenge beginners as well as extreme athletes. Here are the six options:
- Run 27 km,
- Run 15 km,
- Run 50 km,
- Do a relay; one runs and the other rides,
- Do it all! Go solo and do both the 27 km run and 30 km bike,
- Mountain bike 30 km only.
Note: You do not need to run and bike; you can choose one event!
Check out our race categories to get a better idea of the different ways that the Dirty Duo can challenge you.
Can I Do It?
Yes! You can do it, if you:
- Have built up a solid base on trails,
- Can run for 3-4 hours (27 km race) or for 6-8 hours (50 km race) by race day,
- Have experience with trail races and recognize that they take longer than road races,
- Want an early race to kick start your year,
- Have previewed Bridle Path and Ned's Atomic Dust Bin (oh yeah) on your mountain bike. Ned's is rather technical.
"It was great to see a slickly run event, with everything on time, good signage, plenty of marshals and food and water on the course. The event had a great down-to-earth local feel to it, which is refreshing compared to other popular events which just get too big and lose character. Thanks to you and your huge team of volunteers for a great day."